1. We finally got back to watching Doctor Who tonight. We had to stop a few months back, because I was too tired and couldn’t stay awake for a whole episode, much less pay attention. We just watched “The Angels Take Manhattan,” and well, damn.
2. Eliza is doing this thing, I think it’s a toddler power struggle thing, but it is making evenings rough. She is picking at her dinner, asking to get down from her chair, choosing not to eat, and then at bedtime, FUh-reaking OUT, begging for milk and food. It is super fun. She is flipping out even if she has eaten a semi-reasonable amount. From the way it plays out, I feel pretty secure that it is a power thing, normal two year old shenanigans, but damn if it doesn’t get me right in the guilt complex when she starts fussing for milk. Thankfully I’ve been reminded by my dear husband and some lovely friends that my well fed, middle class American child is not going to starve after opting out of dinner for a night or two. So I just hope it passes quickly.
3. We now have a food truck near work, and I had pho for lunch. This is HUGE. Our town has a serious dearth of restaurants, and the only decent pho I’ve had around here has been at my friend’s house, or in my own kitchen after she taught me to make it. And I do NOT have time for that nonsense right now.
4. We are out of chocolate cake, Halloween candy, and frozen cookie dough. I’m not sure what I’m going to do. I mean, I’d just buy/make more, but I’m trying to quit. I suppose I’ll look forward to thanksgiving pies and Christmas cookies.
5. How long do real Christmas trees last? (Let me google that for you.) (shut up. Just tell me.) we are deciding whether to get a real one, as we have been, or if it won’t last from December 1st till the 25th ish. We’d like to put the tree up after Tday, while Kev’s parents are here, and have it last till Xmas (when my parents will be here.) Fake and pre-lit doesn’t sound half bad to me right now.
6. I’m about to get smoked by narcolepsy so this is all you get. That’ll teach me to go on a lunch date with my husband instead of drafting a blog post.