- Hazel can sit up all by herself for a good stretch now, but still pitches off in random directions. I can’t remember when Eliza started pushing herself up to sitting, and it seems unfathomable that Hazel will do that any time soon. But we’ll see.
– Hazel LOVES Eliza the most. Then me, then Kevin. She tolerates other people.
– Hazel slept for 10.5 hours straight last night, and so did I. It was glorious, and I have no expectation of it happening again any time soon, so I don’t think there is anything to jinx. We both went to bed at 8:00 pm, and I woke up confused as hell, after a really weird dream. Basically it was Divergent with more breastfeeding, cuz damn that was a long night.
– we are trying to move Eliza from her high chair to her little table, but she won’t stay seated. She scoots all over the kitchen and moves the table around. She basically knows she isn’t supposed to get up until she is done eating and has wiped her hands off, but she gets excited and runs away. Our house is… dirty.
– Eliza continues to love sports. She watches football with Kevin all the time. She notices when they fall, says “uh oh, fall down, drop ball” and she talks about their helmets a lot.
– Eliza’s imagination is taking off lately. She likes to pretend to make food with her whisk and various cups and bowls. She dotes on Pooh like we do on Hazel, giving him baths, his medicine, and feeding him (he nurses from her belly button, of course). Pooh also likes to hang out in the swing and the exersaucer. She lines up her little chairs and pretends it’s a train. All kinds of stuff.
– E is super into letters, has been for six months or so. She got an alphabet fishing game for Christmas and learned all her letters (uppercase only). She knows the letters in her name (but obviously can’t spell it, it’s basically a trick) and she likes to point out letters she sees on signs and in books. It’s pretty neat to watch. I know that this stuff doesn’t mean she’s a genius or anything – it’s just a thing she’s into, some kids like letters and some are better at talking and some are good with physical stuff, etc. and it doesn’t mean that much. But it’s just really neat. I mean, two years ago she was a blob. Now she knows the alphabet. That’s insane. It will be really cool in a couple years when she can actually read! I’m so excited about that, what with being a giant bookworm myself. Can’t wait.
– Eliza is super obsessed with The Little Mermaid. She calls anything from that, as well as all Disney princesses “Movie,” and she talks about it all the time. She saw it once, the weekend it was released. She likes Sebastian (the crab) and Max (the dog) the best.
– I just read the Divergent trilogy, and I loved it. Now I’m in a reading funk, I need a new series.
That’s all. Hopefully I’ll manage something less disjointed tomorrow! Hope you all had lovely weekends.